Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Feist - Metals

I am quite sure Feist doesn't need the Shiny Tops & Soda Pops' bump, but I blog about what I love and I am absolutely in love with Feist's new record Metals. It has been a long time coming from her sure to be classic The Reminder, and for all you audiophiles out there Metals is quite a piece of ear candy. There is so much texture to each one of these songs, whether they be the sweeping woodsy landscapes ("Caught a Long Wind") or the subtler instrumentation ("Get It Wrong, Get It Right"). My favorite track at the moment has to be the tension-filled staccato of "A Commotion." While this album doesn't have the guaranteed radio singles of The Reminder, it certainly is a top 10 album of the year for sure.

Download via Mediafire:
A Commotion

No comments:

Post a Comment