Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Finally! After a four year hiatus and two recent cancelled appearances, one due to a shady mismanaged festival being cancelled, the other due to a hurricane I finally got to see one of my favorite bands of my high-school years, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. They played at a free block party right down the street from my apartment. The festival as a whole was okay, they really should have let Clap Your Hands Say Yeah headline, it took a long time for these guys to get to LA. With only a 45 minute set they kept it to familiar tracks from their first two records as well as peppering a few tracks from their surprisingly strong comeback record Hysterical, an album that features some really strong material with a much more polished sound. I managed to peek my head over the fence after the show and thank singer Alec Ounsworth for making the trip, he said they will be back soon. Who knows when that will be but they already have one ticket sold.

Download via Mediafire:
Ketamine & Ecstacy

No comments:

Post a Comment