Wednesday, January 13, 2010

R.I.P. Jay Reatard



Wow. When I got home and read the news of the passing of 29 year old Jay Reatard I was truly shocked. Being a fan of his work and having seen him live, I can say this is huge loss to the music world. Jay was a swirling Tasmanian devil that breathed life into the garage/punk scene. His show was bare-boned. No special lights, no chatter, just an hour of nonstop tenacious noise. Every time a young person in the music industry passes away I automatically assume it was a result of drugs. Since the official report has yet to come out I shall keep my tongue bit in the meantime. However, if it turns out his death was a result of overdose that would be a damn shame. He was a spark of genius who had only begun to make his mark on the industry and had a lot more to offer to the world. Jay you will be missed.

Download via Mediafire:

No comments:

Post a Comment