Monday, November 7, 2011

Blitzen Trapper

A few years back Portland's Blitzen Trapper released Furr an album that should be a definite bookmark in the history of modern folk rock. Then they followed that record up with Destroyer of the Void, an album that was all over the place and actually hurt their career in my opinion. It was one of my least favorite albums of 2010. When I heard they had a new record out called American Goldwing I was almost hesitant to listen to it out of fear that a band I liked so much would go deeper into their grave. However American Goldwing is a pleasant surprise. On this album Blitzen Trapper re-create a very vintage American road rock feel. They seem to be into a very big guitar sound on this one, which isn't a bad thing at all. Where this record suffers is while there are some great moments on this album, Goldwing fails to have that magic of Furr or Wild Mountain Nation, thus making the songs not as memorable. This record could either grow on me, or see my shelf for a long time to come, we shall see.

Download via Mediafire:
Your Crying Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment