Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ted Lucas



How Ted Lucas has escaped my radar my entire life until now is a complete mystery to me. Thanks to the recent blog buzz of the reissue of this lost 1975 folk album I can now revel in this man's soothing velvety voice. The one song off this album that I have been playing on repeat for the past week is "It Is So Nice To Get Stoned" which is an underrated stoner anthem. What I love about it is that it's very funny and depressing at the same time. While it is a breezy lighthearted laid-back tune, I can also see it as a sarcastic commentary on the lives of burnouts. Regardless, Lucas should be considered among the greats like Nick Drake, Cat Stevens, and Arthur Russel. Unfortunately his work has been out of print for years, luckily those days are over.

Download via Mediafire:
It Is So Nice To Get Stoned

No comments:

Post a Comment