Friday, April 13, 2012

Lotus Plaza

While Bradford Cox may be the frontman for Deerhunter, the group would be nowhere without the finesse of guitarist Lockett Pundt. While Cox's solo-work dons the Atlas Sound moniker, Pundt releases music as Lotus Plaza. It's fun to dissect these groups to see how these two halves make up the whole of Deerhunter. Bradford seems to bring the experimental elements to the table, while Pundt likes to provide a lush landscape of sound. Lotus Plaza has just released Spooky Action At A Distance. It's a very fine album that blends together quite nicely. Some critics are citing it as one of the best albums of the year so far, while I disagree I still find it to be a highly enjoyable record. Though these songs mesh together and some are easily forgotten, I've found "Eveningness" to be the stand-out, it makes me feel like I'm up in the clouds. Perfect for a spring-evening in Los Angeles.

Download via Mediafire:
Eveningness

No comments:

Post a Comment