Monday, January 3, 2011

Weekend

First post of the New Year! 2011 is off to a start, since it's only the first week there isn't a lot of brand new 2011 music out there yet. During the break, I had an opportunity to catch up on a bunch of 2010 artists that slipped by me. For instance, a lot of blogs and critics hailed Big Boi's album as a triumph and it wasn't until the very end of the year when I finally got a chance to listen to it ('tis quite good). Another band that passed me by is the impossibly hard to Google band from San Francisco, Weekend with their album titled Sports I expect big things to happen to weekend next year, these guys seem to have a lot going for them. They are a great blend of lo-fi, garage, and shoegaze. Check out the track "Coma Summer" which I feel like is a perfect song to accompany your soul as you take that first step into the new year. Get outside and do something.

Download via Mediafire:
Coma Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment