Monday, July 25, 2011

The White Stripes

The White Stripes may be gone and my hopes of seeing this titanic duo live again have faded, all is not lost for fans. Jack White's Third Man Records are slowly releasing White Stripes rarities and b-sides from their vault. Their most recent offering includes an Otis Redding cover of "I've Been Loving You Too Long." I've heard the original and I consider myself  a huge Redding fan, but I've got to give Jack major props here because he took Mr. Pitiful's words and made them his own. Jack sounds happy singing this song but the real pain and torment he pours into his guitar. I am so glad this song was kept in storage until now, because I feel like if this had been dropped as a B-side to a single it would not have been as appreciated. I can only hope there is a plethora of White Stripes vault material that will keep a piece of my favorite band alive for me for a long time to come.

Download via Mediafire:

No comments:

Post a Comment